Manual Printing documents from your smartphone or tablet (Android)
This manual helps you print documents from your smartphone or tablet (Android)
— When using UM IT services you agree to UM’s Acceptable Use Policy. The complete text can be found on the website: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/informationsecurity —
What do you need?
- An Android device (smartphone or tablet).
- An active Internet connection.
- Your UM username and password
Please consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” at the end of the manual in case you encounter problems in using the manual or the service.
||Android app: first time sign inProcedure
- Download the Ricoh myPrint App from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app.
- Enter the following address at ‘Select server’: https://myprint.maastrichtuniversity.nl (Note the s after http).
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your UM username and password.
- Click ‘Log in’.
- The app is now ready for use.
||Android app: printing You can print photos directly from the myPrint app. But also documents from other apps. You need to be logged in to the myPrint app for this.Procedure
- Open a document in an Android app, such as Acrobat Reader or Open Office.
- Select the ‘Share’ feature and choose ‘myPrint’.
- Within the myPrint app, choose ‘Print’; myPrint will now send the print job to the printer.
- Go to one of the printers at any UM location.
- Sign in by placing your UM-card against the reader or by entering your username and password on the printer’s touch screen.
- From the main menu, select ‘Follow You’.
- You will now see a list of your print jobs.
- Select the print job(s) you want to print.
- Select ‘Print’ or press the green button.
- Your print job will now be processed and deducted from your credit balance (students only).
- Sign off by holding your UMcard in front of the card reader. Or click the home button and choose ‘Logout’.
Please note The “Share” or “Send” features may vary depending on the App. Moreover, different Android devices will also behave differently.
All information about MyPrint is available on the website http://maastrichtuniversity.nl/myprint In case you have any questions please visit Servicedesk ICTS or contact us via email@example.com or +31 43 38 5555.