MiMicrosoft Windows 10 has like the previous versions of Windows a built-in disc burning function that lets you burn all kinds of files to a CD or DVD without using any third party CD/DVD burning software.
With this function you can burn files to disc, like:
- Music / Audio (MP3, WMA and WAV)
- Movies / Videos (AVI, MP4, MPEG-4, DIVX, WMV, FLV, VIDEO_TS, etc…)
- Images / Pictures (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc…)
- Data / Documents (PDF, TXT, DOC, DOCX, ODT, XLS, etc…)
he CD or DVD you will burn using the built-in disc burning feature of Windows 10 can only be played on computers and on CD/DVD players that support the file types/formats you burn onto your disc – except when you burn VIDEO_TS files and folders to DVD, because then it will create a Video DVD that will play on any DVD player. However, most modern CD and DVD players support various file formats.
- Insert a blank (empty) CD or DVD into the CD/DVD writer drive of your PC.
- Open File Explorer (Windows Explorer) and go to the location on your computer where the files and/or folders are stored that you want to burn to a CD or DVD.
- Select all the files and/or folders.
Two methods for selecting multiple files or folders at once:
- Left-click on the first (top) file or folder, then press on the CTRL + A keys of your keyboard.
- Left-click on the first (top) file or folder, press and hold the “Shift” key and then click on the last file or folder.
- Right-click on the selected files and/or folders, go to “Send to” and then choose your CD/DVD writer ( could be something like DVD RW Drive (D:) or CD RW Drive (E:) ).
Note: if you want to burn VIDEO_TS to DVD, then send the complete VIDEO_TS folder to your CD/DVD-burner.
- Now a small window will appear and here you can enter a title for your disc at “Disc title”.
- Select “With a CD/DVD player” and click on “Next”.
Now the files and/or folders will be copied to your CD/DVD writer and it will open in a new window. If it doesn’t open in a new window, then you can find it in “This PC” or in the left-sidebar of “File Explorer”.
- When you’re finished copying files and/or folders to your CD/DVD writer, then click on “Drive Tools” (located at the top) and choose “Finish burning”.
Windows 10 will now burn your CD or DVD.
Text by: www.easytechguides.com