- Click the File tab
- Click “Options”
- Click “Advanced”
- Under Export, click “Export”
Note: The import and Export Wizard can also be opened by clicking the “File tab”, clicking “Open” and then clicking “Import”
- Click “Export to a file” and then click next.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click “Next”
- Select the account – a top level folder – that you want to export. This enables exporting all mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes (if available) for that account.
Note: Only information from one account can be exported information at a time.
- Click “Next”
- Click “Browse” to select where you want to save the Outlook Data File (.pst) and enter a file name. Click OK to continue.
Note: If you have previously used the export feature, the previous folder location and name will appear. So make sure that you change the file name if you want to create a new file instead of using the existing file.
- If you’re exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst), under Options, specify what to do when exporting items that already exist in the file.
- Outlook will ask you to add an optional password.
- Click “Finish”
- The export will begin immediately unless a new Outlook Data File (.pst) is created or the export is to an existing file that is password-protected.
If you are creating a new Outlook Data File (.pst), an optional password can help protect the file (Strongly advised ) . When the Create Outlook Data File dialog box appears, enter the password in the Password and Verify Password boxes, and then click OK. In the Outlook Data File Password dialog box, enter the password, and then click OK.
If you are exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst) that is password protected, in the Outlook Data File Password dialog box, enter the password, and then click OK.
If you want to export items for multiple accounts, repeat these steps for each account.
- Please store the pst file on a safe location.
- At least encrypt using the password option above.
- When storing the pst file on a removable device, Encryption is mandatory (fi use 7-zip.)
- It is possible to copy the file to another PC, if using Encryption is mandatory!
- Storing on the fileserver: 7-zip de file and copy it to the fileserver